- Statutory body set up under an Act of Parliament sixty eight years ago
- Encompasses the role of standard setting, regulator and developer of accountancy profession in India
- Second largest accounting body in the world
- Founder member of International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), South Asia Federation of Accountants (SAFA) and Confederation of Asia Pacific Accountants (CAPA)
- Presence through 5 Regional offices, 163 branches in India and 31 Chapters abroad
- Over 2,84,000 members and 8,00,000 students across the globe
- Core Values ?~@~S Independence, Integrity and Excellence
About Committee for Members in Industry & Business (CMI&B)
The Committee for Members in Business and Industry (CMI&B) earlier known as Committee for Members in Industry (CMII) of ICAI was formed vide council decision taken at its 102nd meeting held in September, 1982. The first meeting of the Committee was held on 19th April, 1983. The name of the committee was changed to its present name as the Committee for Members in Industry & Business (CMI&B) in the council year 2017-18.
It was formed with an objective to consider matters affecting members in service in particular to consider the problems relating to career planning, ethics and other related matters, to consider the ways and means to enhance the participation of members in service in the affair of the Institute, to provide an employment service both for benefit of member seeking employment in Industry and prospective employers, to explore and develop fresh avenues of employment for Members in industry.